The United States EB5 Green Card or EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program was created in 1990 by the US Congress, through the Immigration Act of 1990. This program offers immigrant investors the chance to become lawful permanent residents, through a $900,000 investment in a business that that employs at least 10 American workers. Most immigrant investors who apply for the EB-5 program will invest in a TEA or Targeted Employment Area. TEAs are often sparsely populated rural areas or areas with very high employment, compared to the national average. Immigrants who wish to avoid Targeted Employment Areas for different reasons will have to make a $1.8 million investment and employ 10 full-time American workers.
EB5 Green Card Applicants can either invest individually or they can work with Regional Centers – these are third party intermediaries that have been approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The role of Regional Centers is to connect businesses in need of funding with foreign investors. These Regional Centers, although approved by the USCIS, are usually private for-profit businesses which will charge a commission on the sum invested.
EB5 Green Card in Atlanta Explained
Here is a step by step guide on how you can use the Immigrant Investment Program to get a EB5 Green Card in Atlanta.
- Our immigration attorneys will obtain your Accredited Investor Certification letter.
- Prepare your Source of Funds report.
- Review investment options and transfer or wire the funds to a project of your choice.
- Begin preparing for the I-526 Petition.
- Your Source of Funds Report must be submitted with the I-526 Petition to the USCIS.
- Schedule a consulate interview or adjust your current visa status before receiving a conditional two-year green card
- If you reside in the US and have a valid visa such as an H1B Visa or an F1 Visa, our immigration lawyers will help adjust your visa status.
- If you reside outside of the United States, you will have to schedule a consulate interview.
- A few months before your conditional green card is set to expire, our immigration attorneys will submit the I-829 petition to remove the temporary conditions associated with your visa.
- After the I-829 petition is approved, the investor will receive a permanent green card.
EB-5 Immigration Lawyers
Although seemingly simple, the EB-5 process involves a plethora of paperwork, requirements and procedures – this is why it’s best to work with an experienced EB-5 immigration attorney that can guarantee the success of your EB-5 investor program application.
Contact BCA Law today to learn more about applying for the EB5 Green Card in Atlanta. You can reach us via phone, email, Skype or Whatsapp.