The United States has always been a premium destination for international students. With plenty of high-ranking universities available and a high standard of learning, students from all around the world opt to complete their studies in the US. Let’s take a look at how an F1 Student Visa Holder can use the EB5 for Students Program to get a Green Card – the first step to US citizenship.
What is the EB5 for Students Program?
The EB-5 Investor Program was created by the US Congress in 1990 as a means to stimulate the economy through job creation and foreign capital investment. Two years later, the Immigrant Investor Program was created, which provides immigrants with EB-5 visas after investing in projects approved by the USCIS.
The EB5 for Students Program provides individuals with the opportunity to earn a temporary or conditional Green Card in return for investing in different projects from high-unemployment areas that create at least 10 full-time jobs for US workers. Through this program both the investor, as well as the investor’s spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 will receive lawful permanent residency. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services or USCIS runs the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program with 10,000 visas allocated yearly to foreign investors.
EB-5 Investor Program Overview
- The F1 Student Visa Holder must invest $900,000 in projects located in areas with high unemployment or $1,800,000 outside of those areas.
- Ten permanent, full time jobs must be created for US citizens.
- A background check is done in order to prove that the student visa holder has no history of financial fraud and has not violated US immigration laws.
- The F1 Student Visa Holder will in turn receive a two-year Green Card, 18 to 24 months after starting the process.
EB-5 Investment Program Advantages
- The EB 5 Visa student program does not require an offer of family sponsorship or an offer of employment – the investor can solicit the help of a family immigration lawyer to petition for his visa.
- This program is one of the fastest ways to become a green card holder in the United States.
- EB-5 investors can petition for their visa without any language, educational or business background requirements.
We offer free immigration lawyer Skype consultations on US immigration law.
For more information regarding the EB-5 Investment Program contact BCA Law Firm today!