Answers to Questions about EADs, 4 years or 2 years, Green Card period etc.:
Under the new Guidance issued on June 15, 2021,
- People can get Work Permits (EADs) once they have been fingerprinted if USCIS determined the application is Bonafide.
- The EAD issued is in (c)(14) category known as ‘Deferred Status’
- USCIS is issuing it for 4 years instead of the 1 or 2 years previously
- This does not mean the U Visa petition is approved. When USCIS gets to your case in line, they will make a decision at that time. If approved, you get EAD for 4 years in (a)(19) category.
- The 3 years for Green Card starts from this period.